Monday, April 20, 2009

Pouring out what God pours in

This past week, the children enjoyed a good ol' American treat~~Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches!  We all had a great time making the sandwiches and especially eating them!  We also enjoying all playing the card games UNO and PIT.  It has been really neat introducing the children to our American culture.  

While I realize that although the words being exchanged with them may not always be fully understood, there are are deeper messages being communicated far beyond what our eyes can see...a deep, pure, everlasting love that stretches beyond all language barriers.  A warm smile, a gentle touch, a silly giggle... all channels for God's love to pour out of me to the children.  When I am surrendered to this place, to the place where I feel the Holy Spirit moving through me to love the children... perfect connections flow and I am in tune with their hearts...in tune with Jesus' heart for them.  And in tune with God's desire for more of His love to pour out upon them.  In this place I find I am able to convey God's tender reassurance that He has not left them as orphans.  He has not, and will never abandon them.  I know orphans hold a special place in God’s heart and He has not forgotten about them. 

~playing cards~

No comments:

Post a Comment